Join The Organization
Beaver State Chapter #108
Reasons to Join QCWA and Our Chapter:
(Click on the Join/Contact tab above to get back to contact information)
If you hold a current amateur radio license, and you were licensed, as a ham, at least
25 years ago, you are eligible to join QCWA.
It is not necessary for you to have been continuously licensed for twenty-five years.
You can join QCWA on January 1st of the year you're eligible.
Why Should I Join QCWA? *
- Receive a Quarterly QCWA Journal with news and articles of interest to QCWA Members.
- Qualify to receive lapel pins with year tags for every 5 years from 25 years up.
- Receive Certificates
- Membership Certificate at time of joining QCWA National Headquarters
- QCWA Gold Certificate - issued in 5-year increments from 50 years on up.
- Fifty year Continuous Licensing Certificate.
- QCWA Century Club Certificate - qualification is age + number of years as a QCWA member equals 100 or more.
- Meritorious Award Certificate - issued upon request by an active QCWA Chapter.
- Operating Awards - for number of QCWA members worked in the various states and QCWA Chapters.
- Eligible for 6 other major QCWA Awards as determined by the QCWA Board of Directors.QCWA Awards
- Member Supplies - such as emblems, stamps, caps, decals and QSL cards.
- Participation in QCWA QSO Parties.
- Eligible to recommend a student for a scholarship to continue their education in university or college. Scholarships
- Visit exciting museums together with fellow hams on our lunch trips.
- Share insites and experiences with fellow hams that also have a common background.
- Eat great food and have fun at our yearly BBQ.
- Join our once a week net and let everyone know what you are doing that week.
- Get help with that ham rig or help other's out when needed.
- Many, many other benefits.
See additional benefits on the QCWA web site at
* Thanks to Ken Oelke - VE6AFO President,
QCWA Wild Rose Chapter 151, Canada
for allowing us to copy this great list.